Monday, November 6, 2017

A LETTER FROM A TARGETED READER


















PHOTO CAPTION… Two of the  several sick but uninjured deer I have come across in Polk County.  That may have had the CWD disease.  In no instance I know of has the MDC came to Investigate those sick deer after being called.








     It may never be known if those people who die from Jakob-Kruetzfeld disease got it from a prion-diseased deer or elk or cow or goat or sheep, but right now, those who say it will not be spread by eating a CWD deer are talking with their fingers crossed. If any biologist or doctor is willing to say that, would those people willing show us their convictions in the matter are solid by eating prion-tainted meat from a deer known to have CWD, or a mad cow infected in England with those same prions? Have people in England really died from eating the meat of those diseased steers or was that all just made up?

     The news media needs to find and talk with folks who have lost loved ones to Jakob-Kruetzfeldt disease and feel sure they got it from eating a diseased deer. One of those families lives right near Joplin. In the meantime, here is a common sense plan I have adopted. First I will eat no venison but the meat from deer I KILLED AND CLEANED. I will not cut through any bone, and I will not shoot a deer in the head or spine. 
 
     I would not eat venison someone else has killed and butchered, nor from the ‘share your harvest’ program, but that is not anything that spells much danger to a lot of people. If tainted meat with prions in the flesh is eaten, there isn’t anyone willing to say it will cause you to have the disease. The ‘share your harvest’ program, if it involves deer with Chronic Wasting disease, may not kill one person. Maybe if it does, it will only be one or two people and it won’t be me or you.

     But this I know… when deer killed by hunters are tested this year and some are found to have the disease, all the nay-sayers who insist it is nothing to worry about, will NOT EAT THAT MEAT. What does that tell you?

     The best advice to any hunter that I can give… kill any deer that looks sick, contact the conservation department and have them come to test it.  If you kill a healthy deer, hang it up and skin it and cut all the meat from the bone WITHOUT CUTTING THE SPINAL COLUMN.  Cutting into bone marrow may not cause a problem but I won’t do it.  And since prions have been found in the urine, be very careful to not rupture the bladder.

     For the first time in my life, I will probably use rubber gloves to clean, skin and butcher my deer.  And just maybe it will be the last year I hunt deer in the Ozarks, I don’t know.  There just aren’t enough facts yet to tell us what will come.  And anyone who goes around saying there is nothing to worry about might just right.  Or they might be wrong!


     The center for Disease Control has sent out a news release saying that no one has been proven to have died of Chronic Wasting Disease. I cannot believe they have done this… it is the height of deception.  Chronic Wasting Disease is the name given to DEER and ElK ‘prion’ disease…  it is caused by the same  ‘prions’ that has killed who knows how many humans. It is known as Jakob-Kruetzfeldt disease. Why the Center for Disease Control wants to be part of this deception is beyond me. They could say… “There has been no humans die from the infection of ‘prions’in the human body.”  Instead they give the name of the commonly used term which involves deer and elk. If they are sure you cannot get Jakob Kruetzfeldt disease from those prions in deer, they should say that.  BUT THEY WON”T!!!
   

     If you are a deer hunter who calls in a big buck to report that it has big antlers… and the Missouri Department of Conservation is adamant that you tell them the size of antlers in both points and base size…. you probably ought to say you killed a spindly-antlered buck which has antlers that are unimpressive. And likewise, you would be wise not to put a photo of a big set of antlers on facebook. You cannot imagine how often game wardens confiscate such deer, sometimes weeks afterward, because they may be worth thousands of dollars. If they learn you have one like that, you may become a target, cited for some technical violation so they can confiscate and keep your antlers. In case you think this is so much nonsense, I will write a column in a week or so telling the stories of a couple of hunters who had just such a thing happen to them.

     With the MDC, the truth of what they are and what they do is hidden, because basically they own the news media and control that well. I will finish my book which tells all of the stuff I have learned about the corruption and illegal acts that conservation agents have been involved in, and much more. It will be distributed free across the Ozarks, so that the truth can be known.  Readers who have been victimized should contact me to have their stories known. I received one such letter recently from Joseph Kupec, and I want everyone to read it. It cannot be printed in any news media, and you will see why. You can read it at the end of this column.

     Again, if you kill a really big buck, you may become a target of a conservation agent who wants the antlers.  Contact me if you feel you have been a victim. I may want to put your story in that book, and I’ll keep your name confidential. The address is Box 22, Bolivar, Mo. 65613.  Email address lightninridge@windstream.net and phone number is 417 777 5227.

A LETTER FROM A TARGETED READER
 
Larry,
      In February of 2014 I was greeted by NINE conservation officers claiming that I had acquired antlers from thirty poached bucks.  I didn’t feel threatened, I am an honest person who has donated a portion of my proceeds from the sale of my products to the Missouri Department of Conservation and the Department of Natural Resources.
       After extensive documentation of those antlers, the main agent began to get frustrated. But I told him I had never taken an illegal deer in my life and would take a polygraph test to back that up.  But agent Jones said that he had checked the internet and found zero records of me tagging any deer in the state. 
       I went to court in April of 2014 and was greeted by the Prosecuting Attorney for Moniteau County.  He said he had indeed found the internet records of deer I had checked which the agents said were not there. So the invasion of my home was a farce! BUT… he was going to prosecute me because I had some antlers which were given to me or handed down from family and friends years back because I couldn’t prove where they came from.  One was a set of synthetic antlers they had also taken.  They kept all of them, even the ones I had legally checked of my own!
       Six months later that Prosecuting Attorney crashed his vehicle into a restaurant, injured four civilians inside and fled the scene of the accident.  He refused to take a breathalyzer test when he was apprehended.
       Until now I thought I had the rights of life liberty and pursuit of happiness.  You do not have the right to possess a set of antlers that someone gave you years ago if the Dept of Conservation wants them.




No comments: